Terms and Conditions of Sale
1. An order for goods placed by you, the Buyer, through our website, shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
2. All other Terms and Conditions, express or implied by statute or otherwise, are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
3. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect the statutory rights of any consumer.
4. The purchase area of our site is secured using industry standard Secure Socket Layer technology to allow for encryption of potentially sensitive information such as your credit card details.
5. You may pay by Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Maestro or Visa Debit. Please fill in your card number, expiry date and 3 digit security code. If you are paying by Switch you will also need to include the card issue number, or if paying by Maestro, the start date. Goods may be ordered and paid for up to 120 days in advance of delivery during which time the price will be held.
6. All orders for goods shall be deemed to be an offer by you, the Buyer, to purchase goods pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
7. You, the Buyer , shall be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the details provided on the order form and we will not be obliged to accept an order unless all details requested on the order form have been entered correctly.
8. No order submitted by you, the Buyer, shall be deemed to be accepted by us unless and until we confirm acceptance of your order by email (where applicable) or by telephone.
9. We are entitled to refuse any order placed by you and will not be required to provide an explanation.
10. All hampers baskets and gift boxes are fully itemised and fairly described on this website and we will use reasonable endeavours to match your order exactly. However in the event of supply difficulties, we reserve the right to substitute any items with replacements of at least equal quality and value.
11. The price of the goods will be the price quoted on the website at the date the order is received and will include VAT. The delivery charge quoted is to almost anywhere in mainland UK unless specified otherwise. Delivery to Northern Ireland, The Isle Of Man, Scottish Islands, Isle of Wight, Isles of Scilly, Jersey and Guernsey is possible but there is a surcharge for this service. Please see delivery details for more information and description of our surcharges.
12. We reserve the right to amend prices in accordance with any change in VAT duty and note that not every item in our Hampers are liable for VAT and therefore Hampers may not incur a standard VAT rate of 20.00%.
13. When we provide any goods to you, the Buyer, under these Terms and Conditions payment will be charged at the credit card account provided by you on the website order form.
14. By placing an order you, the Buyer, consents to payment being charged to your credit card account as provided on the order form.
15. The title of the goods will pass to you, the Buyer, on payment in full of the price of the goods.
16. We will issue you with an electronic receipt to your email address once the goods have been despatched.
17. We are unable to deliver on Sundays or bank holidays.
18. A Saturday morning service is available, however there is a surcharge for this. Please call us on 01989 770344 or by email for quotation and advice.
19. Orders received before 13:30pm (GMT) Monday to Thursday can normally be despatched the same day for next day delivery almost anywhere in mainland UK, subject to availability. Orders received before 13:30pm (GMT) on Friday will normally be despatched the same day for Monday delivery almost anywhere on mainland UK, subject to availability. (Also see item below on Fresh Foods)
20. We are able to discuss delivery of our hampers and gifts to any world wide destination, however these are subject to surcharge and in some countries deliveries cannot be tracked or guaranteed. Please see delivery details for more information.
21. Please make sure you give the correct address and postcode for the recipient. Additional charges will be made for redirection or for re-delivery due to address or postcode error.
22. Please note that the carrier is only responsible for delivering to the address you quote (or an immediate neighbour if no one is at home) We regret that where the goods have been correctly delivered we cannot accept responsibility if the intended recipient has moved, or lives elsewhere, and the actual receiver refuses or fails to return the item(s).
23. Where the carrier is unable to find someone to accept delivery they will leave a card at the address for the recipient to make contact. All deliveries must be signed for by a person who is over the age of 18 years old. If not the courier will return the parcel to their depot and request collection with appropriate identification. Please see delivery details for more information on what happens if there is no one available to receive the gift. If the recipient fails to make contact in good time the goods are returned to Sarah’s Gifts and Hampers Ltd and a charge will be made for re-delivery to that or an alternative address.
24. We regret that for food safety cheese gifts or hampers containing fresh food cannot be despatched for Monday delivery. As gifts need to be despatched on a Friday for Monday delivery, this restriction is to ensure freshness. Please ensure, where possible, that a recipient is able to receive their gift on the intended delivery date.
Wines and Spirits
25. Many of our gifts contain alcohol, therefore the minimum age to order these type of gifts is 18 years of age. You will be asked to confirm this during registration on this website. We operate a Challenge 21 policy, if we believe you are under 21, we will contact you and ask for confirmation that you are over 18 years old. This may involve providing a copy of your passport, driving licence or pass approved card. If we cannot satisfy ourselves that you are over 18, we will be unable to supply the alcohol.
After Sales Guarantee for Non Food/Drink Items
26. In addition to manufacturers' warranties we will offer a full refund or replace, free of charge, any item which, through manufacturing defect, becomes unusable within 12 months of delivery. Contact us at the address at the foot of this page.
a) All consignments are fully insured. You, the Buyer, will inspect the goods as soon after delivery as is reasonably practicable and will notify us of any shortages, defects in the goods or any other complaints in respect of them within 48 hours from the date the goods were delivered. If you, the Buyer, fail to comply with this clause we will not be held legally liable in respect of any complaint which should have been brought to our attention within this period.
b) The goods remain unused and component parts are unopened.
c) You or the recipient retain and take reasonable care of the goods until collected by our carrier.
d) You are reasonable in making the goods available for collection by our carrier who will collect only during the daytime on working days (not Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holidays) within 21 days of notifying us of the cancellation. We will pay the costs of collection unless you or the recipients fail to facilitate the collection within 21 days of the cancellation.
e) We will refund your original delivery charge when a product is faulty or damaged. We reserve the right to charge (at cost) for returns in instances where products are simply unwanted.
28. All contents are listed and photographic props such as plates, glasses and other utensils are not included unless otherwise stated.
Limitation of Liability
29. We will use all reasonable endeavours to carry out our obligations in a reasonable period of time but will not be liable to you, the Buyer, for any loss, costs or expenses arising directly or indirectly from any delays in doing so and we will not be deemed to be in breach of this agreement by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of our obligations relating to this agreement, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following will be regarded as causes beyond our reasonable control:
- Act of God, explosion, flood, tempest, fire or accident;
- War or threat of war, sabotage, civil disturbance or requisition;
- Acts, restrictions, regulations, by-laws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental, parliamentary, or local authority
- Import or export regulations or embargoes;
- Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial actions or trade disputes;
- Difficulties in obtaining raw materials, labour, fuel, parts or machinery;
- Power failure or breakdown in machinery.
If we are prevented from carrying out our obligations in the above circumstances, we will notify you in writing. We may do so by email. If we are still prevented from carrying out our obligations three weeks from the date such notice was sent, then either party may give written notice to the other cancelling the agreement. If the agreement is cancelled in this way, we accept no liability to compensate you for any loss or damage caused by our failure to perform.
30. Except where you, the Buyer, are dealing as consumer (as defined in the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 Section 12) we do not give any warrantee guarantee or indemnity as to quality fitness for purpose or otherwise of the goods.
31. Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, we will not be liable to you, the Buyer, for any loss of profit or any indirect special or consequential loss, damage, cost, expenses or other claims, which arise out of or in connection with the supply of goods other than as a result of a breach of an obligation arising out of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1973.
32. The copyright in the material contained in this website and any trade marks and brands included in that material belongs to Sarah’s Gifts and Hampers Ltd.
33. We will attempt to ensure that the information on the website at any time is accurate. However, we will not be held liable for any errors or omissions. We will use all reasonable endeavours to correct errors and omissions as quickly as is practicable after becoming aware or being notified of these.
34. All drawings, descriptive matter and specification of the goods on the website are for the sole purpose of giving an approximate description of the goods.
35. We may also change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the website, including the availability of any features, information, database content, or restrict access to parts or all of the website without notice or liability.
36. We may from time to time change, alter, adapt, add or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions but if we do so we will post any such details on the website.
37. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of this agreement and the remainder of the provision in question will not be effected.
38. English law will apply to this agreement, and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
39. The headings in this agreement are for convenience only and will not effect their interpretation.
40. If you would like further information or have any suggestions about our website or services, please contact our Customer Service Team on 01989 770344, who will be happy to help with your orders or enquiries, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm all year round.
Sarah’s Gifts and Hampers Ltd
Ross on Wye, Herefordshire, HR9 6EZ
Tel 01989 770344 (calls are charged at standard national rates)
Mob 07969 773809
Customer service issues will be acknowledged on the day of receipt. We will keep in close touch with you, advising of our progress to try and resolve any issues as quickly as possible. We expect to have resolved issues within 5 working days to the satisfaction of all parties.
Sarah’s Gifts and Hampers Ltd
Llangrove, Ross on Wye
Herefordshire HR9 6EZ
Company Reg No: 07137447
Vat Reg No: 989092949